Job offer for a research assistant in Horizon 2020 project
With the consent of the Rector of the University of Gdańsk a recruitment procedure for the position of research assistant is open in the Team of Environmental Chemometrics within the Department of Environmental Chemistry and Radiochemistry. The person hired for this position will carry out the tasks of scientific research as part of the project called „Development and Implementation of a Sustainable Modelling Platform for NanoInformatics” (NanoInformaTIX), financed by the Framework Programme EU HORIZON 2020 (www.nanoinformatix.eu).
The competition may be joint by those who meet the requirements defined in the Law on Higher Education and Science dated 20th July 2018 (Journal of Laws from 2018, item 1668) and the Statute of the University of Gdańsk, dated 13th of June 2019 and furthermore have the following qualifications and skills:
- Master's degree in the field of: chemistry / computer chemistry / pharmaceutical sciences / biotechnology / bioinformatics / chemoinformatics or related;
- knowledge of chemistry of nanomaterials and the use of computer methods in reflecting the structure and properties of nanoparticles;
- knowledge of the application of computational methods of risk assessment of chemical substances to human health and the environment;
- professional command of English language at a level that allows editing scientific texts and giving presentations at international scientific conferences;
- good command of Polish language at a level of fluent speaking and writing;
- ability to think analytically;
- ability to learn quickly and willingness to acquire new skills;
- strong self-motivation for scientific work;
- self-reliance and creativity;
- organizational skills.
An additional advantage will be:
- ability to use the following tools: R language, KNIME, Phyton MOPAC, Gaussian, Gamess, Quantum Espresso, AMBER;
- experience in the use of methods of quantitative modeling of the relationship between chemical structure and properties (QSAR) and activity (QSPR);
- experience in working in a scientific team dealing with computer risk assessment of chemical compounds (participation in the project / internship / other);
- experience in international scientific cooperation (participation in the project / internship / other);
- scientific achievements (scientific articles published in journals from the so-called Philadelphia List).
- Full-time contract for initial 12 months with the possibility of extension;
- Annual leave allocation: 36 working days
- Salary: 2’900 PLN (net).
Required documents: Candidates should send the following documents by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2020:
- Application addressed to the Rector of the University of Gdańsk
- CV, detailing the candidate's scientific achievements (i.e. list of publications, information on scholarships and research internships, participation in conferences, awards and distinctions, etc. - if applicable)
- a copy of the master's diploma
- a short cover letter with the names and contact details of three scientists who can provide an opinion on the candidate's work to date
- an information clause (attached, to be printed and signed).
Deadline for submitting applications: expires on 1.11.2020.
The settlement date: expires on 20.11.2020.
For any additional information please phone the number: +48 58 523 52 48.
The university does not provide housing.
We will contact selected persons only.
The ordering parties reserve the right to respond only to selected offers.
The competition may be closed without selecting a candidate.
In accordance with the general regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data, hereinafter referred to as GDPR, we wish to inform you that:
1) The Administrator of your personal data is the University of Gdańsk, with its seat at (80-309) Gdańsk, ul. Jana Bażyńskiego 8.
2) The Administrator has appointed a Data Protection Officer who may be contacted on the following telephone number: (58) 523 24 59 or e-mail address: email@example.com.
3) Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process for the position indicated above in the offer’s description.
4) The legal basis for processing your personal data for the purposes of recruitment shall be Article 6 Section 1 Point c of the GDPR, with processing being necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which the Administrator is subject, particularly Article 118a of the Law on Higher Education as well as Article 221 of the Labour Code. The condition legalising the processing of personal data provided voluntarily by the candidate, which is beyond the scope of data referred to in Article 221 of the Labour Code, shall be Article 6 Section 1 Point a of the GDPR – consent by the data subject.
5) Providing your personal data, subsequent to the decision to enter the recruitment process, is obligatory within the scope defined by Article 221 of the Labour Code and the Law on Higher Education and determines the possibility of applying for work as well as possible further employment. In the case of personal data which is beyond the scope of the aforementioned legal regulations, providing your data is voluntary but it does determine the possibility of participating in the recruitment process.
6) Your personal data shall be processed on behalf of the data administrator by authorised personnel purely for the purposes referred to in Point 3.
7) Your personal data shall be stored for a period of time necessary for the fulfilment of the aims referred to in Point 3. Should the recruitment outcome prove negative, your data shall be removed immediately at the completion of recruitment, unless otherwise provided by the record-keeping regulations ─ then for a period of time specified in these regulations.
8) Your personal data shall not be shared with external entities with the exception of cases provided for by legal regulations. Should you submit your application documents in electronic form, the recipient of your data may be an entity acting on behalf of the administrator i.e. a mail service operator.
9) Under the terms of the GDPR, you shall be entitled to:
- a) the right to access your data,
- b) the right to rectify it if factually incorrect,
- c) the right to remove or restrict the processing of the data as well as the right to data portability – in cases prescribed by the law,
- d) the right to object to the processing of the data,
- e) the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority – the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, should you consider that the processing of your personal data violates personal data protection regulations,
- f) the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.